The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful, and fosters the ability to engage fully in the world.
We achieve our mission by:
- Applying the innovative educational philosophy and curriculum of Rudolph Steiner in a contemporary context;
- Upholding a standard of excellence and integrity in academics, arts and human relationships;
- Honoring and valuing each child and his or her unique gifts;
- Cultivating dynamic working relationships with and among the faculty, the board, the administration and the community of families;
- Striving for cultural diversity within an urban setting, with a commitment to the importance of nature and its stewardship.